Normal skin usually has a pretty good balance of oil and water. It is predominantly blemish free and one tends to have normal sized follicles (pores). What is normal? Normal is when the follicles in the T-Zone (forehead nose, chin) tend to be a little larger than those on the rest of the face but is relatively small in size. The goal here is maintenance and protection.
Normal Skin Care Routine:
1. Rinse or cleanse: depending on how much residual oil or products you still feel on your face.
2. Use a toner.
3. Optional: Apply antioxidant. My favorite is a vitamin C serum with or without vitamin E.
4. Moisturizer (one with a good water to oil balance)
5. Eye cream
6. Sunscreen (Broad spectrum UVA/UVB with at least SPF 30
1. Remove make-up and sunscreen: personally, I love Miceller water & oil cleansers
2. Double cleanse: yes! That means cleanse and rinse twice.
3. Use a toner
4. Optional: Apply nutrient rich serum.
6. Eye cream
Note: It’s important to exfoliate a couple of times a week. Here are some options. Use a mechanical cleansing brush, a cleanser with polishing beads or an enzyme mask. One may choose to incorporate a retinol product into their routine.